Here is a recipe for all of you lonely, single library folks. Nothing says comfort like warm biscuits and a good book. Curl up into your favourite chair with your favourite cat and enjoy!
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- *1/2 of 3/4 cup of milk
*official LIT Ladies measurement
- Preheat oven to 400-450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Measure out flour, baking powder, salt into a bowl
- Cut in shortening with a fancy shortening-thingie or a fork until dough becomes flaky
- Slowly add the 1/2 of 3/4 cup of milk, trying not to knead the dough too much!
- Once the dough is doughy, roll out onto a floured surface (we used the table)
- Cut into desired shape
- Place biscuits on a parchment-lined cookie sheet
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown
- Add your choice of jam and buuuuttter – yummy!
For us, this recipe made about a dozen biscuits but they were pretty thin.
Accompanying film recommendations:
Sense and Sensibility, Pride & Prejudice, The Hobbit
Our lovely helper for today!