Hollandaise sauce is the most important part of eggs benedict, and it can be difficult to get right! It takes patience to create a perfect hollandaise sauce, as impatience can cause the sauce to become curdled and lumpy. We found the recipe at eggs.ca.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl until frothy.
- Whisk in lemon juice, cayenne and salt.
- Set the bowl over a saucepan with simmering water. The bottom of the bowl should not touch the water. Set the heat to low.
- Keep whisking until the mixture turns pale yellow.
Be prepared to give your arms a workout, there is a lot of whisking involved!
- Slowly whisk in the melted butter until the sauce is smooth and thickened. Serve warm.
- Makes approximately 3/4 cup.
Poach your eggs to your preference (we added the eggs to boiling water and allowed them to simmer for 3 minutes) and serve on your choice of english muffin or biscuits.